The flask is made of PP (polypropylene), with screw cap, also usable with ground glass stoppers. Autoclavable at 125 °C.
Volume: 1000 ml
Graduations: 200 ml
Thread: GL 52
Ground glass joint: 45
The Erlenmeyer flask invented by chemist Emil Erlenmeyer (1825-1909) features a flat bottom, a conical body and a cylindrical neck. The conical shape allows the contents to be swirled or stirred during an experiment, either by hand or by a shaker; the narrow neck keeps the contents from spilling out. The small neck reduces evaporative losses compared to a beaker, while the flat bottom of the conical flask makes it unlikely to tip over and spill.